The Kia Seltos is the small SUV that offers a high level of style and refinement for its segment. Kia has long been known to provide lots of value in its vehicles. The 2021 Seltos aims to continue that tradition.
Keep reading to learn more...
Upgrades from Previous Models
The Seltos is an all-new vehicle for the 2021 model year. It is expected to be fully available in Kia showrooms during the summer or the fall of 2020.
Kia Trim Levels
The Seltos will be available in five trim levels. Here is a look at each trim level and how they differ in the overall lineup...
The LX Trim
The LX is the base trim of the Seltos. With its low starting price, the LX trim is one of the most affordable small SUVs in America. The LX trim comes well-equipped with essential features like:
- Intelligent variable transmission
- 12" alloy wheels
- 8" touchscreen display
- Rearview camera
- Rear privacy glass
- Auto headlight control
So, what can you expect when you upgrade the trim?...
The S Trim
The S trim brings all the features found on the LX trim and adds some more, such as:
- Daytime running lights
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Leather-wrapped gear shift
- Heated outside mirrors
- Blind-spot detection
- LED tail lights
It only gets better from here...
The EX Trim
The mid-level trim brings all the features found on the S trim and adds popular features like:
- Automatic climate control
- LED interior lighting
- Power sunroof
- Rear cross-traffic alert system
- Upgraded wheels
- Wireless phone charger
- SOFINO seat trim
As impressive as this trim is, the next one up is even better...
The S Turbo Trim
The S Turbo trim brings you the more powerful 175 horsepower engine. This upgrade allows the S Turbo to enjoy better acceleration and handling. You'll also be able to get:
- 7-speed quick-shift DCT automatic transmission
- 18" wheels
Of course, even this trim pales in comparison to the last Seltos in the 2021 lineup...
The SX Turbo Trim
The SX Turbo is the top of the line trim on the Seltos line-up. With the SX Turbo trim, you get the 175 horsepower turbo engine and top features, such as:
- 7" supervision meter instrument cluster
- Smart cruise control
- Bose premium audio system
- 10.25" touchscreen with navigation
- LED fog lamps
- Safe exit assist
So, what can you expect underneath the hood of this SUV?...
There are two powertrain options available on the Seltos. For the LX, S, and the EX trim levels, the Seltos comes standard with a 2.0-liter engine that provides up to 146 horsepower. This powertrain is paired to an Intelligent Variable Transmission. This 2.0-liter engine can take the 2021 Seltos from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 8.5 seconds.
The S Turbo and the SX Turbo trim comes standard with a 1.6-liter turbo engine that provides up to 175 horsepower. This engine is paired with a 7-speed Quick-Shift automatic transmission. The 1.6-liter turbo engine can take the Seltos from 0 to 60 miles per hour in just 6.5 seconds.
The engine options are great; it's all housed in an eye-catching exterior...
The 2021 Seltos is designed to be a value leader in the small SUV segment. The base model comes with a number of standard features. Here are some of the highlight features:
- Body color door handles
- Rear spoiler
- Power adjustable outside mirrors
- Rear privacy glass
The interior is just as impressive as the exterior...
Inside the Seltos, this small SUV is designed to give you the popular features that you will want. Here is a look at the top interior standard features of the 2021 Seltos:
- 8-inch touchscreen
- 6-speaker audio system
- Steering wheel mounted controls
- Power windows
- Power doorlocks
- Remote keyless entry
- Air conditioning
Of course, safety comes first, and Kia doesn't skimp on this area, either...
As a small SUV, the Seltos goes out of its way to provide top safety features. Some of the top safety features on the 2021 model include the following:
- Rear occupant alert
- Dual front advanced airbags
- Full length side curtain airbags
- Rollover sensor
- Anti-lock brakes
- Traction control system
- Hill start assist
In addition to these standard features, the Seltos offers a number of top safety features on their upper trim levels. Here is a look at some of the advanced safety features that you will find:
- Coward collision avoidance system
- Driver attention warning
- High beam assist
- Lane departure warning
- Lane follow assist
- Blind spot collision assist
- Rear cross traffic collision assist
Let's recap: what are the benefits of this 2021 upgraded lineup?...
The 2021 Seltos offers many reasons to consider it over other small SUVs in its segment. Let's take a look at some of the top reasons to select a 2021 Seltos:
- Value - You will find lots of standard features on the Seltos base model that you will not find in other small SUVs in its price range.
- Great looks - The Seltos features a premium exterior design that makes it look more expensive than its price.
- Turbo engine option - Most small SUVs don't offer an affordable turbo engine option. The Seltos offers two trim levels with the 1.6 liter turbo engine.
No vehicle is perfect, though; coming up are some of the main drawbacks to the 2021 Kia Seltos lineup...
There may be a couple of reasons why you may not want to choose the 2021 Seltos. Let's look at some of the cons of the 2021 Seltos:
- Slow base engine - While the turbo engine offers nice acceleration, the base 2.0-liter engine may be a little too slow for some.
- Limited space behind the second row - There is only 26.6 cubic square feet behind the second row which may not be enough if you are looking to transport large items or extra cargo.
What's the takeaway here for this 2021 lineup?...
The 2021 Kia Seltos offers one of the top values in the small SUV segment. It is also one of the most attractive SUVs you can get in its price range. So, when it comes to sleek, reliable, and affordable SUVs, Kia is hard to beat with the 2021 Seltos lineup.